Maximize category growth and profits through insight-driven assortment planning
Big data and advanced analytics
make it possible to know each
consumer and shopper...
…Assortment Advisor uses a proprietary
methodology based on actual
consumer shopping patterns
...allowing retailers and manufacturers
to optimize assortment...
...and easily space allocation that
|1-4% percent annual increase in RoS||30:1 typical investment payback|
Assortment Advisor enables consumer goods manufacturers and Retailers to simultaneously optimize SKU assortment and space allocation using McKinsey’s proprietary ‘market structures’ planograms. Potential improvement areas include brand and space rationalization, new product launch, and category-and region-specific assortment management. Based on in-depth analysis of consumer behavior, the solution evaluates scenarios with differing variables to provide the best on-shelf recommendations.
What Assortment Advisor delivers to Consumer Good companies:
- Improves performance of the category and the portfolio, adding variety, reducing duplication and out-of-stocks on power SKUs, quantifying transferable demand and consumer walk rates by channel, account, and store level
- Strengthens retailer partnerships, delivering unique consumer insights that explain what consumers are doing and why
- Improves new product launch, calculating how incremental new products are to the category and the category growth associated with replacing duplicative products
Visit the Periscope Case Study page to learn how Periscope Assortment Advisor helped a consumer goods company achieve category captain status.
What Assortment Advisor delivers for Retail companies:
- Improves performance of the category and own label, adding variety, reducing duplication and out-of-stocks on power SKUs, quantifying transferable demand and consumer walk rates by division, cluster, and store level
- Strengthens vendor negotiations, delivering data-driven consumer insights that explain what consumers are doing and why
- Improves new product selection, calculating how incremental new products are to the category and the category growth associated with replacing duplicative products
Visit the Periscope Brochures and White Papers page to download Periscope white paper “Insights-driven revolution in Retails”.
Learn what Gartner1 says about Periscope’s offering in CPG
1Gartner "Cool Vendors in Consumer Goods Manufacturing, 2015" by Don Scheibenreif, Dale Hagemeyer, Michael Shanler, Janet Suleski. 6 April 2015
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied,with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose